Tuesday 15 September 2009

BOLD TENDENCIES III

This is an exhibition which I really wanted to go and see, but I have unfortunately not had time as when I was up in London for the day, the exhibition is out in Peckham and I did ent get a chance to get out there. As I am off to Cyprus for a week I think the exhibition will be over before I get the chance to get up there again.

2009
Mortar, wood, steel and foam board
Dimensions variable

This exhibition was exhibition of the week in Time Out magazine and this is where it caught my eye. From a first glance it reminded me alot of Andy Goldsworthys work of which I love. The exhibition takes place on the top two floors of a underused multi-story car park in Peckham Rye.


Molly Smyth
2009
Work in progress
Dimensions variable

It has been turned into an incredible Sculpture Park with 17 works by young artists. One of the best things about this Sculpture Park is that you also get an incredible view across the whole of London which I can imagine would add to the sculptures greatness.
2009
Work in progress view over london
Dimensions variable


I would of loved to see this Sculpture Park. After doing a great deal of sculpture when I was younger it always interests me especially this kind. So if you get the opportunity please go and tell me how it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment